Jal Neti process is one of the Six purification process, which is mentioned in Hatha Yoga Pradeepika. If you are suffering from Fungal Sinusitis and allergies, you should read this further. I was having very serious allergies and due to that, half of my day, i use to spend in sneezing. But this process help me a lot. In fact it is a technique which was used by yogis to stay healthy and breath healthy, specially while performing their Yogic practice. Such as brushing is a dental hygienic likewise nasal cleaning is also nasal hygienic. This technique uses water to purify and clean nasal path, right from nasal to throat.
What Do You Need to do Jal Neti
- Luke Warm Water
- Pinch Of salt
- A Neti Pot
A Neti pot is usually a small pot which has long spout on one side. And this spout can easily be inserted into nostrils while doing Jal Neti Process. See below image for reference.
Benefits of Jal neti:-
- By doing jal neti process daily you will get hygienic nasal and all dirt and bacteria will removed which is trapped in nasal path along with mucus.
- Your sensitive tissues inside the nose will get soothes, which assuages a bout of rhinitis or allergies.
- If you are having asthmatic condition, then it will deal with that and make your breathing easier. It also helps in getting rid with sinusitis and migraine attack.
- You will also feel relief if you have any tinnitus and middle ear infection and also improve your vision.
- It will diminish your upper respiratory complaints also like, sore throat, dry cough and tonsils.
- If you are having stressful day, then jal neti process will help in getting relieve and bring clarity to mind. It also calm down your nervous system and mind.
Jal Neti Precautions:-
- Once you are done with this process, always dry out your nose.
- If you are having a high blood pressure, then you should be very careful while doing this.
- If you feel dizzy while drying your nose, then it should be done standing upright.
- Be careful that you should not leave any drop of water in your nasal, as it may cause infection and you may get cold.
Jal Neti Process not only helps you in nasal cleaning but you also get your body, mind and soul align. So it should not be done only you are feeling nasal blockage or cold, but regularly.
Expert says that you don’t need to afraid by reading all descriptions, it is not as difficult as it sound. When people first listen about it, they use to get afraid and think how can i put water in my nose, and after performing all this they get use to it. I am saying it with my experience. I also get afraid by listening about this, but now it became part of my life.
Share this with your friends who is suffering from sinusitis or allergies. comment below if you find it helpful.